This document shows an example of what needs to be done in MS Dynamics 365 to make it integration-ready with ONEiO. Note also, that the number of fields used in integrations might vary. The document also describes what ONEiO needs to be able to send messages to the MS Dynamics 365 instance.
Currently MS Dynamics 365 endpoint type includes;
Sending messages from Dynamics 365 to ONEiO
Create Azure Active Directory App
- Having access to portal.azure.com with your MS Dynamics 365 credentials.
- Required permissions/ roles to create Azure Active Directory app
- Access to https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/
Setting Up Application
On Portal Azure
- Navigate through App Services > Manage Azure Active Directory "view" > App Registrations
- "New Registration" and fill the form as below
So now there is new Azure Active Directory app.
Application (client) ID is to be used as Client ID on Endpoint Type Configuration while setting up MS Dynamics 365 endpoint type on ONEiO
You can reach related links from Endpoints tab
OAuth 2.0 (v1) is going to be used in “OAuth2 Token URL” while setting up MS Dynamics 365 endpoint type on ONEiO
Go to Certificates & secrets
Create a “New Client Secret” and save it somewhere safe or you’ll have to regenerate later.
Go to “App permissions”
Click “Add a permission” and choose “Dynamics CRM”
Check “user_impersonation” then “Add permissions”
Add Application User to Dynamics 365
Go to Overview on Portal Azure
Copy your "firstname.lastname@example.org" email address
Sign in with your onmicrosoft email address.
Go to Environments and select the environment where you created Azure Active Directory application
Your environment URL. That’s what is going to be used to access to tool.
Open Settings then go to Users/ Application Users
Create “New App User”
Select the app created on Portal Azure Active Directory
Assign a role to app user (for example System Administrator)
Create the app
MS Azure Active Directory application and application user is set for integration with ONEiO
To sum up;
- Application (client) ID created.
- Client Secret is created and saved
- Azure Active Directory app and related user is created.
- Required endpoints for integration can be accessed via Portal Azure.
- Environment URL, Base URL on ONEiO, is created and can be accessed via Power Platform Admin page.
Sending messages from ONEiO to Dynamics 365
Create MS Dynamics 365 Endpoint Type
Navigate through your ONEiO Endpoints page and create a MS Dynamics 365 endpoint.
On General section;
- Name your endpoint
- Enter Base URL which is Environment URL on Power Platform Admin page
- Select your timezone
On "Your endpoint name" to ONEiO section;
- Set your polling status
- Set your polling interval duration
- Select your filter operation
- Enter date-time which polling starts
On ONEiO to "Your endpoint name" section;
- Fill Client ID with Application(client) ID on Portal Azure
- Fill Client Secret with Client secret value which created on Certificates & Secrets step above
- Enter your OAuth url to generate token
For more details Endpoint Type Guide - MS Dynamics 365 can be checked.
MS Dynamics 365 endpoint type is set and ready for integration use.